"A World Class Public Legal Organisation"
"To Uphold The Law And Safeguard The Interest Of The Nation By Providing Legal Advice And Service Of The Highest Quality, Efficiently, Fairly And Equitably In Accordance With The Constitution And Laws"
To provide legal services of the highest quality, efficiently, fairly and equitably in accordance with the Constitution and laws.
- To give legal advice and views to the Malaysian Government in accordance with the principles of international law taking into account the policy of Malaysian Government, public policy, interest and domestic laws.
- To advise the Federal and State Government on all legal matters including syariah laws.
- To draft all legislations for the Federal Government.
- To provide prosecution instructions to all related law enforcement agencies for criminal cases.
- To represent the Government in civil cases.
- To revise and reprint the laws of Malaysia and to undertake law reform in identified areas.
- Perusal of Investigation Papers within 14 days from the date of receipt.
- To obtain directions and to conduct civil proceedings instituted by or against Government of Malaysia by ensuring that preliminary actions are carried out not more than 10 weeks from the date such directions are obtained.
- The principal legislation is completed within 40 days after all legal and policy issues are resolved. The final draft of the principal legislation which is submitted to the client is free from drafting errors.
- To complete drafts of laws revised and reprinted within 6 months from date of instruction.
- Provide quality legal advice within 14 working days from the date of receipt of complete documents and information.
- Vet and draft international instruments and documents such as agreements, memoranda of understanding, declarations and joint communiqués within 14 working days and for more complex international instruments and documents, within 1 month.
- To submit a comprehensive, quality and professional research findings within the time determined by the client and if no time is determined not more than 3 months.
- Processing all bills and claims (allowances, refund, etc) within 14 days from the day of bills received.
|Code of Ethics and Integrity Plan|
AGC Strategic Plan 2016 - 2020
Code of Ethics of Attorney General's Chambers
Integrity Plan of Attorney General's Chambers
Innovation Plan of Attorney General's Chambers