- Preparing legal opinions, second legal opinions, feedbacks, comments and inputs in relation to Syariah-related issues.
- Vetting legal documents such as agreements and memoranda of understanding in relation to Syariah-related issues.
- Providing comments on policy papers, including Cabinet Papers, in relation to Syariah-related issues.
- Vetting and studying the issues related to hukum Syarak and Syariah law in relation to bills and subsidiary legislation.
- Conducting research and making proposals for standardization and coordination of Syariah laws between the States.
- Conducting research and making proposals for harmonisation between civil laws and Syariah laws in order to resolve conflict of jurisdiction between civil court and Syariah court.
- Representing Ministries, Departments and agencies in civil cases before the Syariah courts.
- Assisting the Civil Division in the handling of cases in relation to Syariah-related issues in civil courts.
- Preparing inputs for bodies, institutions and committiees of which the Attorney General or the Attorney General’s Chambers is a member.
- Conducting Syariah Community Conferences and Syariah Community Meetings to obtain views, feedbacks and inputs in relation to Syariah-related issues.