What are the roles of the Research Division of Attorney General Chambers (AGC)?
The Division’s roles are:
• To provide research services to the AGC and the Government of Malaysia (GOM) in accordance with domestic and international laws and also taking into consideration the policies of the GOM;
• To provide legal opinion on matters of conflict arising from the Federal and State Constitutions;
• To provide legal opinion on the conduct of elections;
• To prepare and deliver the written opinion of the Attorney-General to the Pardons Board constituted under the Federal Constitution for the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Putrajaya and the respective Pardons Board constituted for each State;
• To establish a database constituting legal materials e.g. of opinions regarding Constitutional matters prepared by the AGC;
• To facilitate legal knowledge management;
• To plan, implement, monitor and improve certain AGC training programs including training program for newly appointed legal officers; and
• To provide effective public relations service for the AGC.