- Providing legal advice to the Government of Malaysia on matters relating to multilateral trade, international arbitration and disputes with a view to protect national interest.
- Providing legal advice on matters arising from international investment treaties.
- Coordinator for the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Working Groups.
- Analyse, study and if necessary, to make preparation for any international disputes by or against the Government of Malaysia.
- Representing the Government of Malaysia in international disputes which arises from international treaties.
- Negotiating dispute settlement mechanism such as arbitration or alternative dispute resolution in trade agreements other than FTAs.