This Section is responsible to render legal advice on issues relating to human rights, international organizations and bioethics. These responsibilities are carried out in the following manner:
- Conduct study and analysis on the provisions of international conventions and treaties to determine their feasibility for Malaysia to become a party thereto;
- Analysis on the relevant domestic laws and the Federal Constitution to ensure compliance with the provisions of the international conventions and treaties;
- Preparing Cabinet Paper and these Chambers’ comments submitted by the Ministries;
- Drafting/Vetting Agreement, letter or Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and other legal documents;
- Attending of multilateral and bilateral levels held and organized by international,regional and national bodies and agencies;
- Rendering opinion on matters referred to the Attorney General’s Chambers by the Legal Advisers of the Ministries.